Thursday, July 06, 2006

My Love/Hate With MySpace

Earlier today I was clicking around on MySpace, which is the equivalent to cocaine as far as e-addictions go. Now don’t ask me how I got all these 16-19 year old girls on my friends list because frankly I don’t know, I honestly think they all appeared there on their own. Now incase you didn’t know MySpace has its own blogging community, now imagine LiveJournal with twice the angst and double the users and you’ve now experienced My Space’s bloggers. If you are somehow possessed (which I apparently was) to explore random blogs there, you’ll find more titled “My Mom is Such a pos” than you can shake that rusty razor blade at. Seriously, put it down, life’s not that bad.

Now if MySpace is e-cocaine, then bulletins are that annoying friend that’s always looking for a free score. Seriously, back off, I’m not going to comment your pictures ‘Ms. I’m 17 and love to put pictures of myself in my bra on the internet I sure won’t regret this when I’m 30 lol’. Bulletins, which I’m guilty of using to promote this blog, are usually just spam of survey followed by survey followed by survey. Now here’s a tip for my underage friends, if you want to feel more adult and independent, perhaps you should skip that survey that asks how often you ‘sneak out of your house’. In fact, skip surveys all together; no one on the interweb cares whether you prefer Pepsi or Coke, whether you’ve been to church this year, or who the last person you hugged is.

Now don’t get me wrong. MySpace is great for some things; such as promoting this blog and catching up with some old friends from high school. If you’re looking for local comedians or bands, nothing beats it in terms of accessibility. It’s even better for finding random hookups, if you’ve into that sort of thing. And by 'that sort of thing' I mean STD's and stalkers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

I have to say myspace does one thing right though: they put a "delete this friend" button right next to the bulletin when you are reading it. They were thinking...

4:28 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

hmm promoting my blog on myspace bulletins... good idea!
ok i thought of it too.. i'm just afraid my bulletin is going to get lost in all the surveys and crap forwarded emails crap.
i suppose i could go for the annoying angle and just post it daily! haha.

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home