Monday, August 14, 2006

The Reign of the TiVo

Ok, I admit it, I'm a TiVo addict.  I refuse to watch a show live anymore.  I'd rather wait until it's done and fast forward through the commercials.  However, due to the lack of programming over the summer, I've decided that I'd let my TiVo choose the majority of my programs to watch over the summer.

You see, TiVo has this nifty little feature called "TiVo Suggestions" which analyzes your viewing habits and records shows based on what it thinks you may like.  My TiVo correctly pegged me as a Sci-Fi junkie which also appreciates the occasional corny 80s Game Show.  However, this got me thinking...  Is my TiVo learning my behaviors to better serve me, or to destroy me?

The knowledge of my TV viewing habits could be very valuable, knowing what shows would have me so engrossed in them, that ANYTHING could be going on in the background, outside, even IN MY HOUSE without me knowing.  I am now convinced that my TiVo is participating in a vast conspiracy, which could only be masterminded by David Hasselhoff (or Chuck Norris.. I haven't figured that part out yet) to take over the world.

My attempts to infiltrate the evil TiVo underworld have failed so far.  I am still attempting to gain membership into this evil website so that I may gain their trust, and then overthrow their leader (the evil Hasselhoff).

I will keep you informed as my mission progresses.  Please wish me luck, our future depends on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home